During pregnancy, you want to stay in shape and do what is best for your baby-to-be. Prenatal yoga is a wonderful way to do both. Whether you are new to yoga or already an experienced practitioner, you can enjoy the benefits of yoga while pregnant. Yoga classes are a great way to prepare yourself for the birthing process as well as enjoy the company of other pregnant women. Many a toddler’s playgroup has emerged from the bonds forged in prenatal yoga classes!
Prenatal Yoga uses postures, breathing, and meditation from both the Hatha and Kundalini Yoga traditions to help ease pregnancy, delivery and the after effects of birth. The classes create flexibility, focus, strength, and awareness through a gentle practice that is designed especially for the pregnant woman’s needs. Prenatal Yoga classes provide a safe and supportive environment for expectant mothers and are a wonderful way to connect with other mothers-to-be. The classes are appropriate for both new and experienced yoga students.
- Provides gentle, safe practice for pregnant women
- Increases flexibility and overall muscle tone
- Develops mental focus
- Builds endurance
- Encourages awareness for conscious pregnancy, birth and parenting
- Reduces stress
- Soothes the discomforts of pregnancy
- Increases lung capacity for better breathing
- Strengthens the body’s physical, mental, and emotional preparation for labor and birth
- Offers a supportive environment with other expectant mothers
Time: please call us to arrange the time