Yoga is an exciting educational, and age appropriate yoga curriculum which combines an exploration of the body, mind and self. The practice of the curriculum help children acquire a lifetime attitude of wellness, develop personal responsibility and physical fitness as well as enhance learning at school while building confidence.
Children will learn how to move gracefully, breathe smoothly and deeply and sustain their focus and concentration, developing strength, flexibility, balance, mental clarity and emotional intelligence.
Why Yoga for Children:
Yoga has been heralded as the latest de-stressing activity for children in today’s society need a break from the huge expectations, stimulation and fierce competition placed on them from the outside world. Yoga is an effective and measurable methodology to achieve lifetime physical and mental health.
Children who are in motor developmental therapy for:
- gross or fine motor skills
- high/low muscle tone
- Children who experience dysfunctional sensory integration behaviours
- Children who suffer from ADD/ADHD or too much or too little energy in their beings.
- Downs Syndrome, Cerebral palsy and Autistic children
- Children who suffer from Asthma and other deep breathing problems related to stress.
- Children who suffer from anxiety and depression
- Children who need to balance their emotions and behaviors.
In addition, our curriculum has been heralded as the latest de-stressing activity for children and is an educational program that combines an exploration of the body, mind and self with the exercise system of yoga to support and enhance learning, health and personal responsibility. Children will learn how to move gracefully, breathe smoothly and deeply and sustain their focus and concentration, developing strength, flexibility, balance, mental clarity and emotional intelligence.
Yoga is highly beneficial for children who suffer from the following conditions:
- Too much or too little energy
- Poor nutrition and overweight problems
- Depression and anxiety
- Inability to express or free emotions
- Poor Posture.
- Over stimulation – not having the necessary skills to “shut off”
- High sensitivity levels
- Constant pressure to compete and perform
- Low muscle tone
- High stress levels which result in a decreased attention span, concentration and social skills
Yoga does not have any religious connotations or teachings. It is merely an exercise system to balance the mind body and self.
Fee: RM120 / month / 4 times, 1 hour / week
Saturday 10-11am (please let us know if the time is not suitable)